Elementary School English
English is the foundation for all learning. The goal of English Language Arts is to create literate, thoughtful communicators, capable of controlling language effectively as they negotiate an increasingly complex and information-rich world. Students will refine specific skills and strategies in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and viewing and will use these skills and strategies widely as tools for learning and reflection.
Elementary school English language arts focuses on basic reading, writing and linguistic / communication skills. Periods of silent sustained reading, writing, syntax, thematic writing and vocabulary are all major focal points of elementary lessons. Through these exercises, children are expected to develop reading and writing skills at an early age.
With CreativeK12 tutoring, your student will learn how to :
- Read grade-level texts with accuracy and fluency
- Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story
- Analyze and noting the important similarities and differences among the points of view of the same event or topic
- Develop and strengthen writing as needed by drafting, revising and editing
- Demonstrate the ability to choose and use appropriate vocabulary with correct spelling
- Comprehend grammar and punctuation rules
Listening and Speaking
- Participate effectively in a range of conversations with diverse partners
- Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric